Senior Embedded SW Developer for future-changing projects
We need you and we need you now. Asap. Pronto. Yesterday. The reason is that we have an enormously inspiring, cool and ‘high-techy’ project ahead of us. And since it is a big one, we need several people like you, with a passion for technology-based problem solving, to join us.
So, what’s in it for you? First of all, you get the opportunity to contribute to a paradigm shift in biometric identification. You would help us realize a solution that we develop for a client and which we are convinced will have a huge impact on several daily life areas of people and organizations globally. Think payments. Think physical and online access control. Think Smart Industries. Think high-security information control. Think heavy vehicle access control. Think ticketing. Think international travel. Think resource tracking. Think outside current boxes…
We think it is just enormously cool and exciting to do something that hasn’t been done before! Even though the latter is everyday business for us.
Secondly, you would get to join a team of people who, like you, are passionate about developing cutting-edge embedded systems for high-tech applications within areas such as Industrial IoT and AI, Sensor Systems, Radar Systems, Communications Systems, Medtech, Autonomous Vehicles and others. People who enjoy working in cross-functional expert teams to solve challenging technical problems in many different areas. (Yes, that is true, we have many projects other than the one mentioned above of course, so there will be no shortage of exciting tasks nor of opportunities for personal development going forward).
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Systems Software Developer who will work with everything from rapid prototyping to in-depth product development, system design and implementation with strong focus on outstanding quality of the end result. You will be part of a highly experienced international team and will typically work closely with our customers to identify requirements and needs, define a product’s functionality and do algorithm selection, implementation choices and life cycle considerations. You will need extensive experience ranging from implementing Signal Processing algorithms to abstraction of System Architectures. Your ability and confidence to engage in direct customer discussions within the technical domain will be a clear success factor.
Baseline qualifications for this position:
- Minimum 6 years of experience of embedded system software design and development
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with Embedded Linux and Bootloaders
- Experience with Driver development
- Experience with Board Bring-up
- Experience with Application layer functionality
- Experience with CI/CD and good coding practices, as well as with agile methodologies
Meriting qualifications for this position:
- Experience with programming frameworks like Qt
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Security Critical Systems
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Experience in networking solutions such as Ethernet switches, Cellular routers etc and protocols such as TCP/IP, VLAN, QoS, RS232, I2C, SPI, CAN, Sockets etc
- Development of testing schemes for manufacturing
- Knowledge of ARM
- Basic knowledge in Digital Electronics and Hardware Design:
- Familiarity with Git/Gerrit
- Familiarity with TeamCity or similar CI tool
Fluency in English, and a Swedish work permit are required. Working proficiency in Swedish language is highly desirable.
Qamcom has the ambition to make an impact and create value through technology.
We have a highly diverse assortment of high-profile in-house product development projects and external assignments within many different industries and with many different goals and purposes. The common factor is the technical edge of our projects and that we join our customers early in the problem solving or product development cycle and often take a project the whole way from a blank paper to a complete product or solution ready for commercial deployment.
Being an expert at Qamcom typically means that you enjoy solving challenging technical problems and strive to evolve both personally and professionally. And, of course, you like to do so while having lots of fun on the job at the same time. All Qamcom experts have a background including at least 6 years of relevant industrial experience or a technical PhD education.
How we work:
- We work in an environment where you quickly need to familiarize yourself with unknown areas, hence an interest and knowledge in different kinds of technology is important.
- We work closely with our customers in an agile framework and in cross-functional teams where self-motivation as well as teamwork are both essential components.
- We operate through a role-based organization where self-management and self-organization are key, offering a lot of flexibility and freedom in the way we work.
- We also place a high value on having fun and enjoying what we do, individually and together!
At Qamcom, we embrace diversity. Not only because these are absolutely natural and a given things to us, but also because we believe diversity is good for business as it drives innovative thinking and improves quality of our work.
Please apply at the latest on August 16th, 2021. Evaluation of candidates will be made continuously.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test.
Ann Louise Johansson, General Manager, +46 70-226 07 74, email@example.com
Embedded Software Developer, Firmware, Middleware, Embedded Linux, Linux Kernel, Drivers, Real-Time Operating Systems, RTOS, Bootloader, U-Boot, ARM, C, C++, Makefiles, Networking, Hardware Design, Schematics, Board Bring-Up, TeamCity, Jenkins