Senior Embedded SW Developer for future-changing projects
We need you and we need you now. Asap. Pronto. Yesterday. Qamcom operates at the very edge of new technology, and now we have several inspiring, cool and ‘high-techy’ projects ahead of us, and therefore we need several people like you to join us. People with a passion for technology-based problem solving.
Even though innovation is everyday business for us, we still think it is super exciting to do what has never been done before and develop solutions and products which translates technology into concrete value for customers, people and society.
So, what’s in it for you? You will be one of Qamcom’s experts and you will find yourself at the center of the technology shift which is happening right now in many industries. You will be developing advanced products with a multitude of different purposes and crossing into several of our technology expertise areas. You would get to join a team of people who, like you, are passionate about developing cutting-edge embedded systems for high-tech applications within areas such as Industrial IoT and AI, Sensor Systems, Radar Systems, Communications Systems, Medtech, Autonomous Vehicles and others. People who enjoy working in cross-functional expert teams to solve challenging technical problems in many different areas.
About this position
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Systems Software Developer who will work with everything from rapid prototyping to in-depth product development, system design and implementation with strong focus on outstanding quality of the end result. You will be part of a highly experienced international team and will typically work closely with our customers to identify requirements and needs, define a product’s functionality and do algorithm selection, implementation choices and life cycle considerations. You will need extensive experience ranging from implementing Signal Processing algorithms to abstraction of System Architectures. Your ability and confidence to engage in direct customer discussions within the technical domain will be a clear success factor.
Baseline qualifications for this position:
- Minimum 6 years of experience of embedded system software design and development
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with Embedded Linux and Bootloaders
- Experience with Driver development
- Experience with Board Bring-up
- Experience with Application layer functionality
- Experience with CI/CD and good coding practices, as well as with agile methodologies
Meriting qualifications for this position:
- Experience with programming frameworks like Qt
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Security Critical Systems
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Experience in networking solutions such as Ethernet switches, Cellular routers etc and protocols such as TCP/IP, VLAN, QoS, RS232, I2C, SPI, CAN, Sockets etc
- Development of testing schemes for manufacturing
- Knowledge of ARM
- Basic knowledge in Digital Electronics and Hardware Design:
- Familiarity with Git/Gerrit
- Familiarity with TeamCity or similar CI tool
Fluency in English, and a Swedish work permit are required. Working proficiency in Swedish language is highly desirable.
Qamcom has the ambition to make an impact and create value through technology.
We have a highly diverse assortment of high-profile in-house product development projects and external assignments within many different industries and with many different goals and purposes. The common factor is the technical edge of our projects and that we join our customers early in the problem solving or product development cycle and often take a project the whole way from a blank paper to a complete product or solution ready for commercial deployment.
Being an expert at Qamcom typically means that you enjoy solving challenging technical problems and strive to evolve both personally and professionally. And, of course, you like to do so while having lots of fun on the job at the same time. All Qamcom experts have a background including at least 6 years of relevant industrial experience or a technical PhD education.
How we work:
- We work in an environment where you quickly need to familiarize yourself with unknown areas, hence an interest and knowledge in different kinds of technology is important.
- We work closely with our customers in an agile framework and in cross-functional teams where self-motivation as well as teamwork are both essential components.
- We operate through a role-based organization where self-management and self-organization are key, offering a lot of flexibility and freedom in the way we work.
- We also place a high value on having fun and enjoying what we do, individually and together!
At Qamcom, we embrace diversity. Not only because these are absolutely natural and a given things to us, but also because we believe diversity is good for business as it drives innovative thinking and improves quality of our work.
Evaluation of candidates will be made continuously.
Johan Sahlin, Recruitment responsible, +46 700 199839, email@example.com
Embedded Software Developer, Firmware, Middleware, Embedded Linux, Linux Kernel, Drivers, Real-Time Operating Systems, RTOS, Bootloader, U-Boot, ARM, C, C++, Makefiles, Networking, Hardware Design, Schematics, Board Bring-Up, TeamCity, Jenkins