Why Hugin 4D Imaging Radar (77GHz)?
- 4D imaging radar technology is providing a leap forwards in the capability of radar sensors.
- The Hugin 4D imaging radar is a breakthrough in sensing technology, booking its place firmly as a next generation object detection sensor. With radar’s ability to perform in low visibility conditions, it is a device that cannot be ignored within the field of sensor fusion.
- Data is collected using thousands of channels at fractions of a second to provide a high resolution, 4-Dimensional representation of the surrounding environment.
- The fourth dimension enables objects to be separated in elevation; a significant limitation of todays, in-service radar sensors.
- With point cloud output, customers have the possibility to customize their own post processing algorithms to achieve the necessary functionality. Qamcom also offer this service, along with a wider integration support package if required.
Next generation solutions
- Multi radar – 360-degree coverage
- Implementation of the Hugin 4D imaging radar is scalable, enabling simultaneous monitoring of multiple Hugin devices, capable of providing complete 360-degree coverage.
- Data collected by the Hugin radar can be used for environment mapping
- High resolution target separation in elevation enables autonomous vehicles to determine if objects are overridable/underridable.
- Designed to be competitively priced with comparable sensor technologies
- Object detection
- Environment and free-space mapping
- With the ability to produce a radar ”image”, the Hugin radar can generate a map of the environment.
A versatile technology platform
Qamcom has the expertise to:
- Optimize the desired radar parameters in the hardware design for your application.
- Produce post processing algorithms to maximise Hugin’s capabilities for your application.
- Manage development, integration and verification projects, according to customer requirements.
- The Hugin 4D imaging radar is designed to be capable of achieving a system safety rating of ASIL-B (ISO 26262) / SIL-2 (IEC 61508).
- In-service radar sensing technology is susceptible to performance degredation due to interferance from similar sensors.
- Next generation signal processing techniques of raw radar data provides new opportunites to withstand interference from environmental disturbances.
- Capable of withstanding typical automotive environmental requirements
- IP67 – Completely dust tight. Protection against temporary immersion in water
Qamcom is a leading Swedish
research and technology company
We deliver unique and deep competence within hardware, software and system development. Qamcom offers value-driven technology solutions, products and services in the fields of advanced signal processing, artificial intelligence, wireless communications systems, industrial IoT and system safety. Qamcom’s mission is quite simply to turn technology into value for society, industry and people. Based on insights and the needs of end users, Qamcom bridge the gap between technology and application to enable high ambitions together with our partners.